All children in EYFS (Reception) and KS1 (Y1 & Y2) are entitled to universal free school meals funded by the government. This means that all children regardless of their family's circumstances will be able to take up this offer of a daily school lunch free of charge. In addition, some children will be entitled to receive 'Free School Meals', as their family financial circumstances may be such that they are entitled to receive a free school meal. This may sound like the same thing but really some children will qualify under both schemes. Whilst at the Infant School, a children entitled to a 'free school meal' would receive a meal free of charge anyway, it is still important that parents register with the local authority. This is important for two reasons:
1. Once a child eligible for 'free school meals' moves to the Junior School in Y3, the universal free school meals for all pupils stops. Only children eligible under the 'free school meals' scheme will continue to access free meals.
2. The school is eligible for additional funding based on the number of children who are eligible for 'free school meals'. This additional funding is called Pupil Premium and you can find out more about how much our schools receive and what we do with additional funding on this website. You can find this information by following the pathway:
Key Information>Pupil Premium
If you think that your child may be eligible for free school meals based on your family's financial circumstance, please contact Pupil Access Team on - 01772 532189 or contact the school office for further support.
From Year 3 onwards, children are no longer entitled to universal free school meals. If you think your child may be entitled to free school meals based on your family's financial circumstance, please contact Pupil Access Team on - 01772 532189.
Any queries with reference to dinner money accounts please contact Mrs Cartmell on 01772 423694 or email directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Within God’s love for everyone, Our school family is committed to serve by:
- celebrating everyone’s unique God-given talents;
- giving the best of ourselves for all the world;
- doing all the good we can together.